When deciding whether you should supplement, it is best to understand what the word supplement means. It is defined as something that completes or enhances something else when added to it. When you think of this in terms of nutritional supplements, they are meant to enhance your health. Personally, I love the extra energy that my vitamins, minerals and other supplements provide me when I am working out. I never take stimulants, only supplements, and I am a firm believer in taking a base supplementation regime every day. Remember that all supplements are not created equal. Research the brand, fillers, how they are processed ect. If you need help choosing your supplements please contact me and I would be gladly to help get you on the right program with your supplements ...
Here are 10 reasons why you should take supplements daily:
- Our food source isn’t as whole as it once was, and our daily requirement for fruits and veggies has doubled in the past 15yrs.
- Supplements are a natural way of boosting your immune system and a cost effective way of keeping yourself healthy.
- Supplementation helps to transport and feed your muscles. It also helps to counter any minor or major deficiencies you may have. A common one being Vitamin D due to lack of sunlight and overuse of sunscreen.
- They keep your body and hormones balanced.
- Supplementation provides anti-oxidants (like vitamins A,C and E) that we can’t get 100% from food.
- Most medications deplete essential nutrients and in this age of pharmaceutical drugs, supplements help to restore balance.
- Supplementation may aid in preventing some health issues like high cholesterol, inflammation, sleep, hormones ect.
- Supplements are generally in a form that is easy for your body to absorb and utilize.
- They help with oxidative stress.
- Supplementation, diet and exercise are the fountain of youth.
DISCLAIMER: This article is not intended to fix or rehab any pre-dispositions or dysfunctions in the structure. It is merely an informative approach to exercise and a guide always follow what your professional health care worker has prescribed to you as well as following a healthy lifestyle which includes what you put in your mouth and system.